With TrustBuilder version 11, inWebo Group offers the most complete IAM platform in Europe
Ghent, October 18, 2022 - The inWebo Group announces the version 11 of TrustBuilder, its Identity & Access Management (IAM) solution. In the new version, the identity piece, in particular, has been further strengthened. Thoroughly verifying a user’s identity is important in enhancing customer experience, in achieving zero trust, and in ensuring compliance through KYC obligations.
“Companies are dealing with networks of identities,” says Frank Hamerlinck, CEO of TrustBuilder, subsidiary of inWebo Group. “They provide digital access to employees, customers, business partners, external collaborators… Meaning that companies need to consult various sources to verify a user’s identity. They also need to know which applications or resources a user is allowed to access. We solve that issue in TrustBuilder 11 by working completely identity-centric.”
Frank Hamerlinck, CEO TrustBuilder
The five main innovations in TrustBuilder 11:
- Introducing personas: within an organization, a user may have different business mandates. A professor at a university may be an alumnus, or also a student if he takes an additional course from a colleague. An employee can also be a payroll administrator. A bank retail customer can also be the manager of one or more companies, and thus be a commercial banking customer. So a user assumes different personas, with different access rights. Traditionally, a user is given a different profile for each role, with different login credentials. By working with personas, the identity of a person is central and TrustBuilder makes user administration much simpler.
- Policy-based access control: PBAC combines the benefits of Attribute-based access control (ABAC) and Role-based access control (RBAC). For example, the permissions associated with a persona are determined via context-sensitive policies. These policies provide fine-grained security based on the personas a user can assume.
- Identity verification: TrustBuilder 11 now supports even more methods to verify the identity of users. Through the Service Catalog, TrustBuilder verifies identity with social media (social identity), with governments (eID) or with other authoritative sources. For countries where no eID is present, TrustBuilder uses document-based verification (driver’s license, passport…). For sectors requiring extra vigilance, TrustBuilder checks whether users appear on lists of Politically Exposed Persons or people suspected of money laundering.
- Delegated administration: TrustBuilder 11 allows users to give other users temporary access to applications such as approving expense reports or vacation requests, for example, while they are on vacation. Allowing users to do this themselves saves administration and speeds up processes.
- Cloud: Like all inWebo solutions, TrustBuilder 11 is accessible in cloud mode.
“TrustBuilder 11 is an important new step in our evolution”, says Frank Hamerlinck. “TrustBuilder 11 supports the user’s entire digital journey, from onboarding to the access users get to applications including the usage rights they have on those applications. We make it as easy as possible for end-users as well as developers and the IT department. For users, we support passwordless and multi-factor authentication, including of course inWebo MFA, as well as single sign-on, federated identity management and other use cases that enhance the customer experience. Through self-service functionality, users can manage their own profiles, give or revoke privacy consent, and delegate administration. Administrators and developers can not only work in a low-code environment, by providing users with self-service, much of the administrative burden also falls away.”
TrustBuilder 11 is an important milestone
It is an end-to-end solution that is strongly rooted in Europe, with seamless support for all local Identity Providers and applications, and a strong focus on privacy.
“The new version of TrustBuilder is being well received in the market,” concludes Frank Hamerlinck. “Several of our existing customers have already started migrating to the new version or will do so soon. We also recently signed up a number of new customers who are choosing TrustBuilder because of the extra functionalities.”
Don't settle for just any MFA solution
Get in touch for a demo or to request a free trial of our multifactor authentication solution
Highest level of security on the market
inWebo MFA features the unique and patented technology of dynamic random keys. This ensures the highest level of security on the market. Solution certified by the French National Cybersecurity Agency (ANSSI).
Easy integration and deployment
Accessible in Saas, rich in connectors, API and SDK, a solution that adapts to your technical architecture, without imposing new constraints. Deploy MFA quickly and on a very large scale, without human contact or logistics.
Passwordless and deviceless user experience
inWebo allows you to offer a simplified user experience, extended to all dimensions of authentication, from enrollment to login thanks to its universal, passwordless and deviceless tokens.
Receive all the latest news on strong authentication
Our latest news
Understanding the differences between Authentication and Authorization
The terms "authentication" and "authorization" are fundamental concepts in IAM and CIAM. They form the framework of cybersecurity. Their proximity in meaning and pronunciation...
PBAC vs ABAC: What are the differences?
With the rapid evolution of technology, there is a massive migration of industries and large organizations to the cloud. Almost all resources, data and other entities...
No, not all MFA solutions are vulnerable to prompt bombing
Have you ever heard of MFA prompt bombing? It's the topic of the moment in the cybersecurity field. This technique was recently used against Uber by the famous group of...