Access Security for Health Care applications
Why you need access security for Health Care applications
To save lives and costs, medical records and other personal health information need to be easily accessible by health professionals and by the patients themselves. Who should have access to what – authorizations – needs to be defined in line with increasing privacy requirements. The protection of these data – how to make sure that only authorized users have access to it – is a matter of cybersecurity, in particular of secure authentication.
Privacy and security requirements such as the ones defined by HIPAA in the US apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. Depending on which users they provide with access to health data, these organizations should therefore look at MFA for staff, and/or health professionals, and/or end-users.
inWebo access security for web and mobile healthcare applications
Our MFA solution for healthcare applications consists of
- Client-side OTP-generation libraries, inWebo mAccess and inWebo Helium.
- These libraries turn the interfaces to your health care applications – your mobile App, as well as web browsers – into trusted devices, i.e. strong authentication methods.
- Giving access to a user’s account requires a valid One-Time Password (OTP) generated from one of the user’s trusted devices. Therefore, this defeats attackers who don’t have access to one of the user’s trusted device(s), while making the access extremely easy for the legitimate user, since the OTP is generated locally (it is not sent to the user) and is provided automatically (the user doesn’t have to copy-paste it).
- inWebo authentication libraries can dynamically be used for 1-factor (trusted device), 2-factor (trusted device + a secret or a biometric factor), or even 3-factor authentication (if combined across channels / devices). You can use them to design and implement efficient protection strategies across all online channels.
- Unlike other MFA vendors, 100% of user devices – laptops, tablets, smartphones – are supported. Integrating the library into your web and/or mobile applications is all what it takes, there’s no physical token to provide or manage, no App or plugin to download. It’s a very efficient approach to MFA.
- The libraries provide an abstraction layer for user credentials management. Your developers don’t need to worry about platform specific security integration.
- A back-end authentication service and full API. The API’s obvious purpose is to validate OTPs received by your mobile and web healthcare applications and to enforce the security policies that you have defined. It also allows you to fully automate credential management, user enrollment (to MFA), and trusted device management. Only with such an automation can you implement security at scale.
What are your options
To get a deeper understanding of our solutions, you may
- Sign up for free for a basic account and start implement inWebo access security for your web and mobile healthcare applications. You’ll be able to upgrade this account at any time to get more licences or options. Nothing to lose but an item on your to-do-list.
- Evaluate inWebo for free and without commitment for 30 days. Note that we have project management, consulting, and integration partners trained in our solutions whom you can ask for an evaluation and a PoC.
- Request a customized demo. We’ll be happy to show and explain the basics of our solution and answer your questions.